heavy card stock in the colors of your choice
this printable template
non-permanent adhesive roller or a pencil
- cut out the template stars, roll on some non-permanent roller adhesive to the back and stick them to the heavy card stock or trace them with a pencil. cut them out.
- use a ruler and the embossing stylus to emboss a fold from each pointy corner to the opposite inverse corner. [if you are using super heavy card stock you might want to use a cutter and slightly score each fold]
- all the folds should meet in one point in the middle of the star.
- now it's time to fold along each fold to create the 3d effect. fold along each fold from the middle to the pointy corner in one direction and along each fold from the middle to the inverted corner in the other direction. [or just fold each fold from one pointy corner to the inverted corner in one direction and push in the inverted corners afterwards. you'll see what will be easier for you.]
- now your stars are done and ready to be hung on the wall.
[you could also glue two stars together to create an ornament. to do so, punch a whole through one pointy corner of each star. then simply add some glue along the edge and carfully glue two 3d stars together. pull a string through the whole and you have a pretty star ornament.]
- to fix them on the wall, i just used some pins. i actually don't mind them sticking out.